CIBC Run for the Cure
- Marketwired’s Finance Team Dons Hard Hats for Habitat for Humanity
- Calgary and Vancouver Teams Play Hockey for Food
- Leadership Team ‘Puts the Wheels in Motion’
- Bagging Groceries and Stocking Shelves
- Chicago Team Gives Deserving High School a Facelift
- CIBC Run for the Cure
- Holiday Cheer Brightens Children’s Lives
- Inspiring Kids Who Need Positive Role Models and Encouragement
- Marketwired Rides to Fundraising Success
- Making a Difference for People with MS
The Marketwired Finance Team Helps Fight Cancer
Early on a rainy, overcast Sunday morning in Toronto, twenty members of the Marketwired finance team met up to take part in the annual CIBC Race for the Cure. They joined thousands of others—a veritable sea of pink—to walk 5K to benefit breast cancer research.
"Despite the terrible weather, we had 100% turnout from our team," said Saeideh Fard, Marketwired Senior Director of Finance. "It was great to see that kind of dedication and community spirit."
Another Marketwired participant Shallene Holley, Senior Credit & Collector said, "Nowadays it seems that everyone knows someone with cancer, so it's important that we research and find a cure."
In addition to helping raise money, the team also hoped to increase awareness about breast cancer within the company and demonstrate their support for people fighting cancer, to let them know that they're not alone.
"It was a really good feeling to be part of such a big event," said finance team member Megan Saunders. "It was great to see all the people who turned out for the race. Everyone on the Marketwired team was excited to get together to do something for a worthwhile cause."
The race was a big success. The Marketwired team alone raised over $1,000, and the event as a whole brought in $27 million to help find a cure for breast cancer.