- Marketwired’s Finance Team Dons Hard Hats for Habitat for Humanity
- Calgary and Vancouver Teams Play Hockey for Food
- Leadership Team ‘Puts the Wheels in Motion’
- Bagging Groceries and Stocking Shelves
- Chicago Team Gives Deserving High School a Facelift
- CIBC Run for the Cure
- Holiday Cheer Brightens Children’s Lives
- Inspiring Kids Who Need Positive Role Models and Encouragement
- Marketwired Rides to Fundraising Success
- Making a Difference for People with MS
It Takes a Team to Spruce up a Village
On Thursday, December 4th, Marketwired’s Chicago office participated in its Q4 Community Builders event by assisting the SOS Children's Villages of Illinois. Not only did the staff turn out in full force to decorate the Villages for the holidays, but it also took on less glamorous work that contributed to a more inviting living environment.
SOS Children's Villages offers an alternative to foster care by providing a home and community for neglected, abandoned and abused children, and it nurtures them to adulthood. SOS Foster Children have the unique opportunity to live in villages with their biological brothers and sisters in a single-family home with a full-time foster parent.
The Chicago team spent the morning at the office working side-by-side at a decked-out craft table and created a slew of ornaments and wreaths to take to the Villages. After eating lunch together, everyone traveled to the south side of the city ready to spread holiday cheer!
After a receiving a tour of the Villages, teams of employees worked on various assignments including decorating the community Christmas tree, assembling gift baskets, cleaning the foster homes and installing new appliances.
It was a rewarding day filled with a true "Community" sense of accomplishment.