Inspiring Kids Who Need Positive Role Models and Encouragement
- Marketwired’s Finance Team Dons Hard Hats for Habitat for Humanity
- Calgary and Vancouver Teams Play Hockey for Food
- Leadership Team ‘Puts the Wheels in Motion’
- Bagging Groceries and Stocking Shelves
- Chicago Team Gives Deserving High School a Facelift
- CIBC Run for the Cure
- Holiday Cheer Brightens Children’s Lives
- Inspiring Kids Who Need Positive Role Models and Encouragement
- Marketwired Rides to Fundraising Success
- Making a Difference for People with MS
Marketwired’s San Francisco team makes an impact
Thousands of children, youth, and families have experienced traumatic stress leading to learning disabilities, mental illness, and debilitating behavioral issues. With treatment and prevention programs, many can overcome these challenges and transform their lives. This is where Edgewood Center for Children and Families makes a huge difference. Its holistic approach identifies and builds upon the unique strengths of each person served, as they know that kids do better when action is taken before behavior issues escalate.
On a sunny Thursday afternoon, July 10, six members of Marketwired’s San Francisco office team volunteered at this leading children’s charity, which is the oldest of its kind in the western United States and serves 7,000 children and families every year in San Francisco and San Mateo Counties.
Marketwired team members took on several roles during their packed afternoon at Edgewood, ranging from landscaping and grounds beautification to playing Legos and participating in a rollicking soccer game with the kids. Client Sales Manager John Combs and Global Partner Manager Travis Bradley made solid passes to the kids, demonstrating the value of playing as a team. And John even stayed late, despite missing BART to take him back to his car before the lot closed… forcing him to ride his bike back to the station the following morning.